Absence from Classes
- No boy may leave a Class without the permission of the teacher concerned.
Absence from house
- No boy may leave the house after dinner expect with the permission of the Warden.
Absence/Late at the beginning of the term
- Except in the case of medical problem, boys are expected to return on time. Anyone who comes late without a satisfactory explanation will stay behind at the conclusion of the term.
- No boy may miss regular or remedial classes, detention, meals, assembly, school
authorized sports session, Co-curricular/and any school events without permission.
- Attendance is taken at Morning PT classes, at afternoon activities which from part of
the Co-curricular programme and social service.
- Boys must bathe every day.
- oThe date of birth provided to the school at the time of registration is the only date of birth the school will thereafter certify. The school will not accept a change in the date of birth based on information provided to the school at a later time.
- Body piercing is not permitted.
- Cell phones are not permitted. Boys have full access to pay telephone on campus and in
- No Boy may wear clothing other than permitted by the school, at dinner on Saturday,
boys may wear a sober, preferably plain-colored pull over in winter or a plain-colored
kurta or t-shirt in summer. This may also be worn during the midterm break, the
various school times may only be won with the school uniform at Saturday night
dinner, they may not be worn with a home pull over.
- Boy will wear school uniform at all times during the school year including during day
outing with parents and guardians, the journey home at the end of term, and when
they represent the school.
- Boy will wear grey shorts and blue half sleeve shirts and regulation floaters during
- Boys may not cook in the boarding houses. Boys receive a post toye snack called Night café.
- The school does not permit corporal punishment. Punishment by perfects may
includes light physical activity (change in break and rounds of the main field or
Houses quadrangles) and with the permission of his Warden, extra P.T.
- Attendance at meals is compulsory.
- Boys must sit at the table assigned to them, by houses. The menu of the dining hall is
determined by the catering manager in consultation with a boy-staff mess Committee.
- The school serves vegetarian and non-vegetarian diets.
- The school reserved the right to access a boy for learning disabilities and to assign
remedial classes or programmers to boys who have been diagnosed as requiring help.
Drugs and Other Banned Substance
- No boy is permitted to keep or consume alcohol, drugs, other intoxicant, psychotropic substance and tobacco.
- No perfect or senior boy may ask a junior boy to do personal chores and errands for
him or ask him for the use of the use of his personal items.
- It is forbidden to have ofireworks.
- A boy will be invited to sign the Honours' Book for Good conduct, by the Principal
who will make an announcement at assembly.
- A boy qualifies to sign the good conduct book if he has not been late for classes even
once a term and if in the opinion of his Warden he is of upright character and has not
received a Wardens' card yellow card, red card, blue card, or any official warning in
the course of the term.
- Boys are expected to maintain a neat, hygienic length of hair.
- Boys are not permitted to dry their hair or have exaggerated hairstyle.
- Boys may not wear jewellery.
- Boys are not given leave during the school term except in the case of family medical
emergencies and the marriage of a member of the immediate family ( brother, sister,
- Light-out timings are to be strictly followed.
- Medical leave will only be granted by the Principal. On return to the school the boy
should deposit with the school hospital all supporting medical documents and
medical certificates including prescriptions.
- After supper, boys will not be permitted to move out of the Houses except in special circumstances with the permission of the Warden.
- Light-out timings are to be strictly followed.
- Boys may go out with their parents or local guardians Junior or on their own senior.
- No boy may go out with another boy's local guardian.
- Parents and guardian may not visit they wards on week days and Saturdays. When they visit their wards and drop them off at the school, they must register at the security posts at the school gates.
- Parents and guardians who come the visit there ward must contact the Warden who will then summon the boys to his study and hand him over to the visitor.
- A boy may proceed on an escorted outing only after breakfast private outings begin at 10.30 am.
- Boys must return to the school by 6.15 pm if they wish to see the Wardens, Tutors or
other masters, they should do so before proceeding on the outing.
- Parents and guardians are not permitted in the boarding houses at any time except
on the first and last day of the term.
- Boys are entitled to one night out per term. They must seek permission for a night out
at least to weeks before the date of the outing. Nights out are handled by the
Wardens. A boy may leave at 6.30 pm for his night out and must return by 6.15 pm
the following day.
- No boys are allowed to receive visitors without the permission of his Warden. He may not leave the school premises without his Warden's knowledge.
Out of Bounds
The following Places are out of Bounds:
- School laboratories and computer centres (Including the server room) without the presents of an adult.
- Roof of school building including houses.
- Bars and lounges where alcohol is served.
- Other schools or educational institutions in Dehradun or elsewhere without the permission of the Principal. This includes boys who wish to visit siblings.
- The possession and viewing of pornographic material is not permitted.
- All Punishments by the prefects must be recorded in the punishment book which is monitored by the Warden.
- The Warden can give a boy a Red Card for poor academic performance.
- The school reserves the right to conduct searches of rooms, cupboards, clothing, or
bedding, or any other personal effects of boys. Searches are to be conducted by
teachers in the presence of the boys concerned. They may not be conduct by other
boys unless this has the authority of the Warden. Boys are expected to clear their
locker and cupboards on the last day of school each term. The school will break open
the locker or cupboards of boy if he leaves for holidays without emptying his locker
Social and community service
- Social and community service is compulsory for all the boys as mandated by the
school from time to time.
- All Boys are expected to participate in sports on regular basis as mandated by the school.
- Organized house practice session are not allowed on Sundays and holidays unless
sanctioned by Principal. Neither is origination of such events before first school or
during rest hour.
- Playing sports in the house quadrangles is not permitted. The adjoining fields may be
used for sports. But it is expected that boys will use this nearby space keeping in mind
the safety of those within the house and the security of the house.
- No boy may be punished for his performance in sporting activity.
- The school will not tolerate dangerous play or unsporting behaviour.
Suspension, Withdrawal, Expulsion
- In case of serious offences or repeated infringements of basic school rules, the Principal may suspend a boy from the school, ask for his withdrawal, or expel him.
- No boy may have tattoos on his body.
- A Boy make for telephone calls per months at the discretion of his Warden for a maximum of 5 minutes. A boy may also make calls from the house phone to two per registered numbers.
- Boys may not keep tuck or other food items.
- No vehicle, including motorbikes and scooters, are permitted on campus expect for those belonging to the teachers. Parents and guardians may only bring in cars on the first and last day of the school term.
- Boys may not drive a vehicle on the school estate, in Dehradun, or any other place including home during their school careers, not even during the holidays or leave periods.
Verbal and psychological abuse
- The school will take action against those who verbally abuse a person's based on his caste, religion, mother tongue, region, culture, nationality, social and economic status, or physical or mental disability.
- No boy may organize a social boycott of other boys.
Violence and Vandalism
- No boy is permitted to use Violence against a member of the school community or to damage school property or another's property.
Courtesies and Etiquettel
In their dealing with masters and with other adults, boys are expected to be guided by the following courtesies and points of etiquette:
- To address them as "Sir" and "Ma'am", as the case may be.
- To stand up in the presence of masters, expect in the classroom.
- To sit only when asked to sit down.
- To remove their hands from their pockets in the presence of masters and visitors and during formal occasions including assembly.
- To wish them in the course of the day or as they pass by in a dignified manner.
- To stand aside to let masters and visitor pass.
- To open doors for adults and let them go first.
- To converse and behave, in the presence of masters and visitors, in a becoming way. 'Wishing ' staff and visitors on trips to other schools, including socials is also expected.
- To serve masters and visitors at the dining table.
- To move into vacant seats at the head of the dining table.
- To get the permission of the head of the table to sit down, to leave the table, and to speak to someone seated at the table.
- To engage the head of table in conversation.
- To greet masters and visitors.
- To offer to help any visitor who seems to requires it.
- To be polite to all non-teaching staff.
- To raise one's hands in class for permission to speak.